I am working with one London’s leading construction contractors to supply a Design manager for a brand-new development on the on the river Thames. They require an experienced Design Manager (Electrical) to manage and co-ordinate the design team and contractor designers to produce complete and comprehensive construction details in due time, giving consideration to quality, build ability, cost, health, safety and environmental constraints.
- Understand and support Client’s aims and objectives.
- Discharge responsibilities for Health and Safety.
- Empathies with overall design concept.
- Manage design process.
- Compare and benchmark design against other external projects.
- Assist with setting-up and implementing project systems and procedures.
- Assist other team members in dealing with queries and providing information on design.
EXPERIENCE & QAULIFICATIONS
- Mechanical/Electrical Design Experience with a consultant working on commercial projects is essential.
- Quality experience working for a contracting organisation is desirable.
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering or HNC is an essential qualification.
- Membership of CIBSE or IEE is desirable.
- It is essential that the post holder be fully familiar with the integration of all design disciplines that are required for commercial building (e.g. architecture, structural engineering, safety as well as M&E).
- It is essential that the post holder be fully familiar with the coordination of interfaces between packages, to assist with processing of technical queries and requests for information raised by contractors.
- It is essential that the post holder possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and organisation skills.
- A commitment to continuing professional development within the Mechanical & Electrical Design disciplines would be highly desirable.
If you feel you would be suitable for the position, please get in touch.