I am working with one London’s leading construction contractors to supply a Design manager for a brand-new development on the on the river Thames. They require an experienced Design Manager to manage and co-ordinate the design team and contractor designers to produce complete and comprehensive construction details in due time, giving consideration to quality, build ability, cost, health, safety and environmental constraints.
- Understand and support Client’s aims and objectives.
- Discharge responsibilities for Health and Safety.
- Empathies with overall design concept.
- Manage design process.
- Compare and benchmark design against other external projects.
- Assist with setting-up and implementing project systems and procedures.
- Assist other team members in dealing with queries and providing information on design.
EXPERIENCE & QAULIFICATIONS
- Mechanical/Electrical Design Experience with a consultant working on commercial projects is essential.
- Quality experience working for a contracting organisation is desirable.
- A Degree in Engineering or HNC is an essential qualification.
- Membership of CIBSE or IEE is desirable.
- It is essential that the post holder be fully familiar with the integration of all design disciplines that are required for commercial building (e.g. architecture, structural engineering, safety as well as M&E).
- It is essential that the post holder be fully familiar with the coordination of interfaces between packages, to assist with processing of technical queries and requests for information raised by contractors.
- It is essential that the post holder possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and organisation skills.
- A commitment to continuing professional development within the Mechanical and Mechanical and Electrical Design disciplines would be highly desirable.
If you feel you would be suitable for the position please get in touch.