Position: Head of Life Sciences
Our client is a global engineering consultancy and are well known as a leading brand undertaking challenging projects. They are looking for someone to lead and develop the life sciences offering in the UK and Europe.
- Co-ordination of life sciences building services design with other building services disciplines and with external parties such as architect or client delivery teams;
- Review and comment on contractor technical submittals;
- Participate in business related activities (non-Project);
- Participate in developing the Life Sciences sector offering by developing existing client contacts and broadening our client list and sector coverage;
- Collaborate with other group companies offices to establish a more comprehensive Life Sciences offering;
- Co-ordinate with contractors and manufacturers both on a technical level;
- Participate in project activities including design, specification, and documentation;
- Ensure that Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects;
- Take part in personal and professional development training as required;
- Participate in the Performance Management Process and maintenance of individual assessment and development tool;
- Develop project co-ordination skills in line with work opportunities.
- A relevant tertiary qualification;
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline relevant to the role.
Experience & Skills:
- Experienced and qualified in the field of Life Sciences design and delivery;
- Demonstrable experience writing specifications, controls software or commissioning;
- Site experience of building services solutions appropriate for Life Sciences projects;
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients;
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines;
- Highly developed verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives;
- Well-developed problem-solving skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.