I am working alongside an exciting firm of consulting Engineers who specialise in Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health and Environmental Engineering. Their position in the marketplace brings together 50 years of building services experience with cutting edge virtual engineering.
You will manage multiple projects in a clear, concise and co-ordinated manner, meeting project deadlines and cost requirements. Work on own initiative, with minimum supervision on all technical aspects of the Mechanical elements of projects. Take the lead role in projects when required and assist with the supervision of any intermediate, trainee or graduate engineers.
You will work in co-ordination with all other design team members, internal and external and provide excellent client care throughout the whole project life cycle. To be the client’s main point of technical contact and if required for the project.
They are looking for an Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer to join their busy team in Manchester.
- Understand the project appointment and scope of work following a briefing and be aware of any limitations of the duties on different projects.
- Understand project costs and the impact of designs on the overall budget for the scheme, and monitor time against these costs.
- Carry out condition surveys for the specified discipline for combining into an overall report for the client.
- Contribute to the overall feasibility study for projects for the specified discipline.
- Attend meetings to represent the discipline and be able to convey other disciplines on behalf of the Company.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from site related to the specific discipline and report to the client
- As required produce detailed designs, considering maintenance and installation practices, and supervise the work of others in this function.
- Promote and consider sustainability and energy efficiency within designs.
- Input into concept design and participate in technical design reviews and audits as and when required.
- Carry out detailed calculations as appropriate and review the work of others for accuracy.
- Produce detailed performance specifications, room data sheets and equipment schedules.
- Understand project risks and produce combined MEP Residual Risk Reports in accordance with the CDM regulations with input from other disciplines as required.
- Communicate proactively and professionally with external design teams and clients, attending meetings in a professional manner.
- Prepare diligently for all meetings and issue a pre-prepared progress report to the meeting.
- Attend sites as required throughout the project life cycle and carry out appropriate site reports.
- Visit sites as required to determine the quality of the installation process related to the specific discipline and report to the client for the whole project.
- Carry out and report on defects inspections and snagging and input into the witnessing of commissioning.
- Check work for compliance with good practice and the project brief and raise any concerns or potential variations with a member of the senior management team.
- Comment on the as-fitted drawings and O&M documents.
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- Degree in Building Services or Electrical Engineering or a HNC building services or Electrical Engineering.
- Windows, Excel/Word, AutoCAD, Amtech electrical design, Dialux / Relux.
- CIBSE Guides including lighting design guidance, IET Regulations, CDM Regulations, British Standards.
- Attention to detail & strong verbal and written communication skills.
They are offering flexible working which will be split between the office and home (2/3 day split) and an excellent salary and benefits.
If you feel you are suitable or would like more information about the role, please get in touch.