£50000 - £55000 per annum
As part of an increase in workload my client who specialises in large mixed use developments, residential, hotels, master planning schemes, and district heating systems is seeking a client facing Senior Electrical Engineer with UK experience.
My client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress to Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.
* Assist in the management of workload for junior staff.
* Approve detailed design information and calculations submitted by Engineers and Graduate staff.
* Witness and accept the testing and commissioning procedures for the project plant equipment and systems.
* Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate.
* Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
* Ensure the design team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
* Produce all design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan and the design philosophy.
* Compile design reports, specifications, drawings and any other Contract Documents required, and ensure that these are approved by the Principal Engineer / Project Director.
* Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings.
* Witness commissioning procedures.
* Inspect and prepare a list of defects and works outstanding.
* Carry out site inspections to verify that the installation is in accordance with the design.
* Review and comment on the operating maintenance drawings to manuals and ensure. compliance with the project
* Liaise with the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor to assist in the completion of the Health and Safety file.
* BEng / HND in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering).
* Ideally 5 years' Residential, Hotel, High Rise Apartments.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM and associated software.
* Able to work on/run own projects.
* Client facing. Able to write specifications.
South East England
£32000 - £40000 per annum
My client is a building services engineering design consultancy established in the 70's in Oxfordshire. They require an electrical engineer with 3+ years consultancy experience to work on offices, data centres, residential apartments, schools, universities, colleges and hotels etc with an emphasis on sustainable, low carbon design.
To be considered for this role you should have experience across a range of sectors with good computer and communication skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Amtech and Dialux, is essential, TAS, Cymap, AutoCAD and Revit software packages would be an advantage.
Working towards Chartered status or the desire to do so (support offered)
BEng or BSc (industry related)
3 years minimum consultancy experience
Familiar with design software mentioned
Ba able to undertake Surveys and prepare condition reports
Carry out inspections/monitor installations
Witness of commissioning
You will be supervised by a Project Director or a Senior Electrical Design Engineer, allocated on a project-by-project basis. My client is a strong believer of promoting from within and offer excellent opportunities for those who are self-motivated, ambitious and want to develop a career working towards Director level.
Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Company benefits
Brilliant opportunity for an inspirational and ambitious electrical engineer at senior to principal level to join a highly regarded, dynamic, global consultancy in Birmingham.
The consultancy I am working alongside employ well over 500 staff across the globe, with a network of offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Australia. They have worked on an impressive list of projects across a variety of sectors including industrial, defence, healthcare, mission critical commercial and luxury hotels. Their work has been noted for its innovation and sustainable approach, which has been recognised with a number of industry awards, and commendations.
As a client facing member of the team, the successful candidate will play an integral role in successful delivery of projects, and leading an established team of talented engineers to deliver profitable and technically dynamic projects, responsibilities will also include developing new and existing relationships, mentoring, supporting and encouraging engineers in the team, monitoring workload and quality and supporting the directors in the retention of existing employees and the growth of the Birmingham team.