City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum
As a result of a rapidly growing workload our client who pride themselves as an innovator, are now looking to add an established Mechanical Associate Director to this MEP Design Studio. You will be presented with an enviable portfolio of complex projects in the UK and Overseas.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to think beyond your own discipline and work within a collaborative multi-disciplinary studio ensuring that complex problems are solved efficiently and effectively.
My client has been established since the early 90's and has growth from a fledgling London practice to a global leader in environmental design. The ethos of the business is to design buildings that will tread more lightly on the planet and take huge pride in doing so. They do this by promoting a working environment which is collaborative and ideas of today are put into motion - to ensure high performance, sustainable and award-winning buildings.
This is evident through the number of awards on multiple projects that are awarded on a yearly basis including; RIBA London Award, RIBA Building of the Year, RIBA South Award, Sustainability Award and many more to the collection.
You will be supporting the continued success of the business by joining as a member of the executive management group, which plays a vital role in the development, implementation and achievement of the organisation's strategic vision and direction.
At this level will need to be able to demonstrate that you are capable of dedicating a large part of your time to focus heavily on client's needs ensuring the best technical and cost effective solutions are delivered by the project teams. On the other hand, you will also need to maintain this from an internal perspective, this includes managing and allocating internal business resources to meet the needs of clients but also internal stakeholders and inspiring and nurturing the talented engineers within the practice.
In return of receiving a very competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most of complex projects in the UK and overseas within an environment that is unrivalled to any other London based practice.
City of London, London
£45000 - £55000 per annum
An opportunity has arisen for an established Fire Engineer who is keen on aligning themselves with one of London's most innovative Consultancies. You will be working in partnership with a highly talented team with a depth of experience that will expose you to working on some of the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
The key to their continuous growth and success is based on its people. They embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long term resilience of projects.
You will be part of a growing Fire Engineer team within a multi-disciplined consultancy a part of the global group. This role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to commercial, residential, hotel, retail and industrial projects.
£50000 - £55000 per annum
As part of an increase in workload my client who specialises in large mixed use developments, residential, hotels, master planning schemes, and district heating systems is seeking a client facing Senior Electrical Engineer with UK experience.
My client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress to Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.
* Assist in the management of workload for junior staff.
* Approve detailed design information and calculations submitted by Engineers and Graduate staff.
* Witness and accept the testing and commissioning procedures for the project plant equipment and systems.
* Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate.
* Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
* Ensure the design team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
* Produce all design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan and the design philosophy.
* Compile design reports, specifications, drawings and any other Contract Documents required, and ensure that these are approved by the Principal Engineer / Project Director.
* Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings.
* Witness commissioning procedures.
* Inspect and prepare a list of defects and works outstanding.
* Carry out site inspections to verify that the installation is in accordance with the design.
* Review and comment on the operating maintenance drawings to manuals and ensure. compliance with the project
* Liaise with the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor to assist in the completion of the Health and Safety file.
* BEng / HND in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering).
* Ideally 5 years' Residential, Hotel, High Rise Apartments.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM and associated software.
* Able to work on/run own projects.
* Client facing. Able to write specifications.