My client has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Mechanical Design Engineer servicing blue chip clients. This is a permanent position located in their Cambridgeshire office with a strong focus on critical buildings and data centres, health and education, and banking projects.
- Be able to demonstrate acceptable technical writing skills and produce written reports.
- Attend meetings to represent your discipline and be able to convey other disciplines on behalf of my client.
- Check work for compliance with good practice and the project brief.
- Present work to the Senior Management Team or Project Lead for approval prior to issue.
- Assist with the supervision of any intermediate, graduate or trainee engineers.
- Carry out defects inspections and produce reports.
- Input in to the witnessing of commissioning.
- Comment on the as-fitted drawings and O&M documentation.
- Attend staff meetings, CPD Days and company communication meetings as requested.
- Input into the production of fee proposals and technical bids as required.
- Input into QMS audits as and when required
- Produce pre-prepared progress reports for meetings.
- Display a good working understanding of IES where it applies to the discipline.
- Display a good working knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
The Company currently provides the following benefits:
- Flexible start time
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free access to a range of discounts and services
- Monthly and Quarterly cdp/training
- Life assurance (4 times your current annual Salary)Ride 2 work scheme
- Income protection
In order to be considered for this role you will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services (Chartered or working towards). Those with an HNC or HND and suitable design experience will also be considered. You must have significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.