Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client is a global engineering consultancy and are well known as a leading brand undertaking challenging projects. You will be a part of the Mechanical team acting as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the London office. This is a full-time permanent position. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Mechanical Services designs for Commercial Office projects within London, however from time to you will cover other sectors including Hotel & Residential, Retail, and Laboratory projects.
Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines;
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with clients;
- Have highly developed verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives;
- Well-developed problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of technical competence.
- A minimum of 8 years (ideally 10+) engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services design;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, from an accredited institution (equivalent qualifications in a similar field may also be considered);
- IT literate, with good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications;
- Chartered Engineer (CIBSE or IMechE preferred).
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working within multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels across multiple disciplines, as well as familiarity with external client interactions;
- Great interpersonal skills, a team player and a genuine interest in helping others (including development of junior staff);
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work autonomously to meet objectives;
- A strong understanding of various mechanical systems and their applications;
- Well-developed problem solving skills, and a “think outside the box” mentality;
- Familiarity with the full range of RIBA design stages, from Stage 1 right through to Stage 4A tender design;
- A working level understanding of other engineering disciplines including electrical, public health and fire protection is highly desirable;