I have an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a multi-award-winning building services design consultancy who have locations across the UK. They are one of the industry leaders providing design, energy, project management and planning & regulations across some of the most exciting projects within residential/mixed-use, commercial and educational projects. They are looking for an experienced Mechanical Building Services engineer to join their busy team in London.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of their successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing projects, influencing design and quality standards and mentoring and managing junior members of the team. You will assist in the day-to-day management of the MEP team including client management, invoicing, team resources, and business development.
- Representing the Practice at meetings with Clients and Contractors.
- Take a leading role in the design team managing a wide range of residential boiler replacements, Term Maintenance Contracts and commercial fit out schemes.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Carrying out quality audits and pre/post inspection services.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Contract administration duties associated with maintenance contracts for water hygiene, Communal Boilers, Booster Pumps, Renewables etc.
- Undertake project surveys including site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Site inspections to ensure that works are completed in accordance with the design and specification requirements/workmanship standards required. Overseeing of testing and commissioning and checking of record drawings/operating and maintenance manuals.
- Hold a BEng or BSc in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Hold/working towards membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, EI).
If you feel you are suitable or would like more information, please get in touch.