Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
Our client is a global engineering consultancy and are well known as a leading brand undertaking challenging projects. You will be a part of the Mechanical team acting as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in their Manchester office. This is a full-time permanent position. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Mechanical Services designs for Commercial Office and large scale high end mixed us developments projects.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Have highly developed verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of technical competence.
- A minimum of 8 years engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, from an accredited institution (equivalent qualifications in a similar field may also be considered).
- IT literate, with good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Chartered Engineer (CIBSE or IMechE preferred).
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels across multiple disciplines, as well as familiarity with external client interactions.
- Great interpersonal skills, a team player and a genuine interest in helping others (including development of junior staff).
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work autonomously to meet objectives.
- A strong understanding of various mechanical systems and their applications.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills, and a “think outside the box” mentality.
- A working level understanding of other engineering disciplines including electrical, public health and fire protection is highly desirable.