I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sustainability Engineer to join a multi award-wining building services consultancy based in their London location. As a company they have an exciting portfolio which includes commercial, aviation, hotels & resorts as well as some of the most innovative residential and mix development projects in the UK and overseas.
Their goal is to work towards a regenerative future in which all projects make a positive contribution to the health of the communities that they serve the planet. They are clear in their mission – to make an impact through delivering high-performance sustainable design and developments.
The nature of the role will require a high degree of adaptability and flexibility. The role requires endless curiosity – the currency in this business is new ideas and you will only be able to generate these if you stay on top of your continuing professional development within the workplace and outside.
If you are results oriented, who enjoys challenging opportunities and has a positive attitude, this an amazing opportunity for you to join a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a great team environment and like-minded individuals.
To effectively undertake the role, it is anticipated that day-to-day tasks will include:
- Provide support to the Environmental Design + Sustainability team.
- Develop and guide in the delivery of sustainability and environmental design strategies on their projects, this will include: Net Zero Pathways, Development of Energy Strategies, Embodied Carbon, Circular Economy, Health + Well-being, Certification Strategies, Sustainability Strategies, Sustainable Master-planning, Environmental Design Guidance, and Environmental Analysis.
- Work in the development of sustainability focused projects, undertaking tasks to meet project.
- Provide high-quality consultancy services, providing clear and applicable guidance and recommendations, allowing projects to realise their potential.
- Support and work in the delivery of BREEAM, WELL, Fitwell, HQM, and other environmental assessment methodologies, from pre-assessment to post-construction stage assessments.
- Development of sustainability strategies for projects of all scales.
- Receive and execute instructions from Project Leads and be responsible and accountable for the completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Seek out opportunities for new work, responding to RFPs, writing scopes and fee proposals.
- Work collaboratively to develop compelling sustainability and environmental design associated presentations – continuing contribution to the built environment sector.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have an interest and understanding of environmental design and sustainability in the built environment, with the desire to lead in the field of whole life carbon and sustainability.
- Hold a relevant degree in engineering/ architecture/ science and have experience in the built environment field.
- Able to provide understanding and appetite to learn about sustainability issues relevant to the built environment – at all scales of development.
- Developing relationship building and client management skills.
- Experience of delivering high-quality technical reports.
- Knowledge and experience of dynamic modelling for compliance and operational energy analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of energy modelling software (IES, Energy+, TAS), environmental design tools (Grasshopper for Rhino, Ladybug, Honeybee, Radiance etc) and OneClick LCA (or similar).
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard of written English.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams etc.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, please get in touch with the Beeby Anderson team.,