Due to increased workload my client is looking to recruit a Telecoms (SISS) Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake Telecoms design, working within the Telecoms engineering team, initially on a remote basis but will need to commute to their London office 1-2 times a week.
- Actively contributing to site surveys, including planning, inspection of equipment and condition monitoring
- Collating technical information from surveys, inspections and other sources.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the design process
- Ability to undertake design and assessment work.
- Undertaking designs to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards.
- Keep up to date with current FTN, NR, RSSB and British standards relevant Telecoms design
- Preparing design and assessment reports
- Producing design drawings using CAD.
- Effective communication with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors.
- Produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians.
- Experience with Operational Telecommunications, Station information and Security Systems (SISS) and SCADA Telecoms.
- Systems you will need to be competent in designing are CCTV, Public Address / Voice Alarm, Customer Information Systems, Data Networks, Help Points, Access Control etc.
- Previously been a CRE.