I have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Fire Engineer to work with an independent MEP design consultancy based in Kent. My client is a well-established UK based building services consultancy who have an exciting portfolio which includes commercial, hotels & resorts as well as some of the most innovative residential and mix development projects in the UK and overseas.
Their friendly and professional team offer, in addition to Fire Engineering duties; fire systems detailed designs, building services designs, project management and cost control so the appointed candidate would have the opportunity to learn new skills within the genre.
The role will involve:
- Prepare and issue detailed design drawings in sketch and AutoCAD format suitable for presenting finished information to Clients and other design professionals and contractors.
- Routine project activities such as filing, documentation, document issue, posting etc. in line with the Team needs.
- Adequately communicate by verbal and written means, technical points, thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals and clients
- Carry out calculations and select appropriate equipment etc. in line with Company key skills list.
- Design and detail straightforward engineering systems.
- Undertake environmental analysis including: energy performance analysis, MEP systems simulation, compliance analysis against UK and international energy codes (Part L, ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G), daylight, sun/shade, glare, external microclimate, CFD.
- Develop building models including the use of building simulation software and Revit draughting software.
- Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports.
- Attend routine site meetings and carry out site surveys. Monitor and report on the quality and progress of work on site.
- Act professionally with all parties on the clients work so as to develop the company’s reputation.
- Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
- Contribute to the development of the company so as to enhance its reputation.
- Co-operate with and support other teams and Company staff in a pro-active way so that their objectives are met.
- Self-development and company support to undertake graduate training plan to achieve CEng status.
- The applicant should possess a degree in Fire Engineering with at least one to two years’ experience and be competent in report writing, formation of Fire Engineering Strategies, technical reviews and hold a good understanding of materials sciences.
- Experience of CFD smoke modelling to a good level would be preferable, or a basic knowledge and a willingness to be trained will suffice.
- Drafting and 3-D visualisation.
- CAD and Revit to productive standard.
- Building Construction.