Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for an intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join one of the building services industries leading companies based in Berkshire.
Design, manage and supervise the assigned project working alongside the project lead. Carry out detailed design in accordance with industry guides. Prepare specifications, reports, and design drawings, budget costs to programme. Supervise project works on site, workmanship, and testing.
- Design, manage and supervise the project, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications, and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
- Assist project Lead with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project within your control.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
Preferred skills and requirements
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 3-5 years’ industry experience.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Working knowledge of Revit software is preferred but not essential.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
If you feel you would be suitable for the role, please get in touch.