Join a leading independent MEP design consultancy that has over 40 years’ experience and has been associated with hundreds of renowned brands and prestigious engineering projects throughout the United Kingdom and abroad.
They provide high-quality comprehensive Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health, and Environmental engineering solutions to a broad range of projects. They include large new build, renovations, and fit-outs to bespoke environmental designs that result in more efficient buildings in all sectors including commercial, education, hotels, industrial, leisure and entertainment, mixed-use, residential schemes, and shopping centres.
They are looking to add a Junior Electrical Design Engineer to join their busy team in London.
- Electrical services design including but not limited to LV design including cable sizing, lighting, lighting controls, emergency lighting, fire alarms, and security systems.
- Preparation and development of concept, feasibility, and detailed design proposals, which include specifications, drawings, and calculations.
- Ability to use DIALux lighting and Amtech electrical software.
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD 2D with either some knowledge of the use of Revit or the desire to learn.
- MS Office skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills are required whilst you accompany colleagues to meetings with clients, other professional design team members, and contractors.
- Strong technical expertise within electrical building services design, gained working within the UK building services industry for either a consultancy or contractor.
- Knowledge of UK design legislation and guidance.
Knowledge & Experience required:
- 1 -3 years’ Electrical services design experience.
- DIALux and Amtech software knowledge.
- HNC/HND level in building services or electrical engineering or degree equivalent.
- High standard of written and verbal English.
- Able to handle several ongoing projects at various stages.