|Job Title:||Senior Electrical Engineer|
|Salary:||to £60,000 per annum + benefits|
You will take a leading role in multiple projects with the design and production of information relating to electrical building services installation in a range of project types. You will represent the business on-site and at client meetings, and prepare high-quality information including technical specifications, designs, schematics, equipment schedules, and survey reports.
You will deliver projects across a wide range of sectors including heritage, healthcare, education, and social housing, as well as bespoke residential developments and places of worship, mainly located across Southeast England.
In order to fulfill this role, you need to have a good working knowledge of various types of electrical installations, an understanding of Building Regulations and relevant British Standards and related guidance, and a keen interest in buildings, energy, and creating high-quality working and living environments.
• A minimum of HNC/HND in Building Services Engineering or a directly related discipline.
• A minimum of five years post-qualification experience.
• Current registration with the Engineering Council UK.
• Current membership of at least one relevant professional institution.
• Current full UK driving license and the use of a vehicle for business.
• Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD 2022.
• Undertaking electrical design calculations using Trimble Pro-design.
• Carrying out lighting design calculations using Relux or Dialux.
• The use of Microsoft 365, including SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
• Ability to assist our clients with the development of a brief defining design requirements and follow up with managing client expectations from inception to completion of each project.
• Sufficient experience to quickly develop realistic conceptual designs, schematics, and detailed designs in order to assist fellow professionals with shaping the building design at an early stage.
• You should be able to produce substantiation calculations to demonstrate that designs will perform as required.
• A good understanding of the practicalities of the installation of electrical building services systems.
• An awareness and understanding of the purpose and principles of a range of mechanical building services systems.
• Proactive approach to communicating with other technicians and engineers within the practice to produce carefully considered and well-coordinated engineering design drawings and written specifications.
• On a daily basis, provide support and advice to staff, deal with client-related issues and provide professional services as required.
• Thorough understanding and working knowledge of current legislative requirements and design standard standards influencing electrical services design, especially BS7671 and related guidance.
• Actively participate in our QA process through peer review and checking the work undertaken by junior members of the team, providing constructive feedback on improving the quality of their work and supporting them to broaden their knowledge and develop their understanding.
• Understanding and awareness of RIBA Plan of Work.
• Manage projects against time, cost, and quality requirements.
• A bright and enthusiastic outlook and positive attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well-developed proactive interpersonal skills which suit a client-facing role.
• The desire to work as an important and valued part of a close-knit team.