Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: London and/or Berkshire
Salary: 45k - 55k (DOE) + benefits
Our client, established in 2002, is an independent Mechanical & Electrical design consultancy that provides the full range of MEP Building Services from 2 locations in Berkshire and London.
The Senior leadership are actively involved in day-to-day client delivery, and the entire teams professional and personable approach focuses on offering clients first class solutions, and bespoke services.
Boasting an impressive client list in the hospitality, commercial, finance, retail, and residential sectors, the company operate on projects across the UK, Ireland & Mainland Europe.
They have built strong teams that operate in a collaborative atmosphere by recruiting technically sound engineers with a passion for excellence and giving them autonomy, responsibility, and support.
They are now looking to bring additional expertise to the mechanical team with the appointment of a Senior Mechanical Engineer. The main responsibilities are in the areas of project delivery. You should be able to prepare calculations/specifications and drawings, collaborate with other disciplines, provide technical expertise, provide support to less experienced engineers, ensure quality standards are maintained, and adopt and promote the company ethos.
If you feel you are suitable for the role please get in touch.
Our client is an established, award-winning, professional multi-disciplinary engineering practice with a passion for excellence, innovation and environmental sustainability. Throughout every project, they use their construction and engineering experience and knowledge of their client's business to add value. Their multi-disciplinary teams work alongside clients and developers.
They are looking for a Senior Engineer to join the existing MEP team that provides engineering support to a number of Blue-Chip International Brands.
Experience within the automotive, commercial/industrial, retail, residential and education sectors are essential with experience with steam and in clean/dry rooms is desirable.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Director/Associate Director, for the project management of medium to large scale projects and individual engineering task(s) for numerous schemes for client's cross sector. This will include the creation, development of and finalising engineering design solutions of mechanical services elements, working with other team members and project teams together with direct liaison with the client and other design team professionals.
The candidate shall have experience across the breadth of mechanical building services such as:
- Foul Drainage Above Ground
- Hot and Cold Water
- Compressed Air
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) inc. ISO Clean/Dry Rooms
- Central Control/Building Management
Also, the candidate should be able to:
- Complete survey work and site inspections
- Undertake design calculations using various methods, from hand calculations to software-based modelling
- Prepare drawn information
- Write technical specifications
- Write technical reports
- Identify and resolve problems early
- Exhibit active project risk management
- Peer review and check design information prepared by others
- Manage a project specific team of engineers
- Represent Rolton Group at meetings
- Maintain records and archives to company standards
- Manage their own workload to meet defined targets and deadlines
- Allocate and manage project specific workload of Graduates, Project Engineers and Admin staff
- Manage commercial aspects of projects they are working on including responsibility for management of project income and costs
- Manage client relationships on specific projects
- Look for additional opportunities within existing and new client relationships
- Take responsibility for their own professional and personal development
- Input and some responsibility for professional and personal development of team members, staff Performance and Development Reviews and mentoring of staff.
They are interested in hearing from established building services engineering candidates who have been working within building services and specifically building services consultancy with at least ten years post graduate 'hands on' design experience. The candidate should be a Chartered Engineer (CEng) with either the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) or the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and possess a building services/architectural engineering degree and/or masters.
Accreditation via an appropriate Institution i.e. CIBSE under an Energy Assessor Scheme for the production and lodgement of non-domestic Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)'s for both new build and existing (refurbishment) buildings is desirable.
The candidate for this position will have a high level of computer literacy a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Autodesk Revit MEP, National Building Specification (NBS), Cymap and ideally EDSL Tas. The successful candidate will be a required to provide support to our other teams and/or offices from time to time.
The ability to operate as part of a wider project team within appropriate authority levels and to represent the company with confidence to a variety of clients and outside organisations is expected. The candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of one of our dynamic teams with a high attention to accuracy and detail.
A self-motivated person will have ample opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills, experience and to work with some of the world's greatest businesses across a wide range of industry sectors. You will be expected to contribute your ideas, add value, play your part and progress in a consultancy that is 'Engineering the Future' TM.
They offer an internal mentoring and training program aimed at developing the individual as well as the "Engineer".
ROLE OVERVIEWThe BIM Technical Manager role entails taking ownership of production of our BIM models (and also all 2D and 3D drawings) to ensure that they are delivered to a consistently high quality across all projects and in accordance with agreed programmes. The BIM Technical Manager will also drive the organisation's transition to BIM with the ultimate goal that the workstreams of the MEP engineers and BIM Technicians is seamless. To achieve this all engineers will need to be fully conversant in Revit and all supporting software, in order to deliver coordinated BIM models (and also 3D drawings) from inception to completion of future projects. The BIM/CAD Manager is required to identify, influence and implement change, as well as keeping abreast of developments within the industry.
- Organise and manage regular weekly meetings with BIM/CAD staff and team leaders to determine current and foreseen workload and utilisation.
- Report on the company's current and projected status regarding BIM implementation.
- Create upgrade and deployment strategies for the BIM implementation including advising on current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc in terms of design teams and project requirements.
- Create a plan for implementation.
- Demonstrate the company's BIM success by evaluating goals that were established in the earlier phases.
- Set targets and monitor workload against deliverables.
- Report any feedback or issues concerning either projects or team to the directors.
Training and HR Management
- Undertake internal training of staff or advise on requirements for Revit fundamental and Intermediate training.
- Manage and lead internal CPD Revit training sessions.
- Provide technical orientation to new employees in respect of Revit/BIM tools.
- Write a competency test for new employees to test skills in BIM/Revit.
- Maintain high level of competency in the most up-to-date software by ensuring regular use and training.
- Ensure effective performance management standards are maintained within the CAD/BIM team and deal with poor performance (where it arises).
- Undertake staff appraisals.
- Manage the department recruitment process.
- Promote team morale and encourage cooperation, collaboration and team working.
- In conjunction with Directors, help retain high quality staff.
- Take responsibility for the integration of BIM (and CAD) standards development, implementation and enforcement.
- Advise on the creation and maintenance of the BIM (and CAD) software template files to assure standards.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Utilise a good level of oral and written communication (excellent report writing skills, in particular) setting the highest standards of communication both internally and externally.
- Ensure compliance with Mecserve's Quality Assurance procedures, completeness and adherence to company standards of all drawings produced.
- Ensure commercial awareness of the BIM &CAD deliverables on all projects and regularly review the position and report to the Project Director.
- Provide continued feedback on time and money spent on projects, ultimately providing costing guidelines for future likeminded projects so that fees can be accurate.
- Maintain required level of utilisation and complete timesheet on a weekly basis.
Project Interface - BIM Project Management
- Assess the needs of clients and users and agreeing the project brief.
- Support project standards coordination with staff and clients.
- Manage the process of creating Revit families in response to project need.
- Assist in the resolution of BIM design issues providing a co-ordination role.
- Utilise experience in BIM methods and procedures and responding to EIRs, authoring or contributing to BIM Execution Plans and setting up delivery mechanisms to meet the clients BIM requirements.
- Keep project documentation up-to-date and comply with file management protocols.
Hardware and Software Management
- Manage, in conjunction with our IT support team, the hardware and software needs of the team including preparing planned replacement schedules, budgets etc.
- Evaluate new software and hardware and report on its suitability.
Health & Safety
- Report all accidents/incidents or near misses.
- Ensure adherence to all H&S requirements at all times.
- Review and action where necessary findings provided by any member of the team internal or external under your direction during their review of accidents/incidents/near misses.
- Provide management with health and safety information as and when required.
We are looking for a skilled and innovative Mechanical Engineer to join one of London's most established Data Centre Design and Build companies. The role will include aiding in the design, upgrade, commissioning, and day to day operation of the new and existing mechanical infrastructure across existing data centres and ancillary buildings. The focus is on the design principles and design simplicity, energy efficiency, sustainability and ease of maintenance. The role, apart from BAU will be involved in exciting projects and constant strive for improvement and engineering excellence. Key tasks:
- Production and update of technical design standards.
- Technical assistance for BAU (business as usual) operational issues and queries.
- Concept design production - scope of works, drawings and calculations.
- Coordination and collaboration with external consultants and contractors to develop design to construction issue.
- Evaluation of technical submittals and designs with a view to optimising energy efficiency, sustainability and TCO (total cost of ownership).
- Commissioning and witnessing of new/upgraded infrastructure.
- Responding to new customer RFPs and existing customer queries on installation.
- Technical assistance with ISO audits including health and safety.
- Design engineering background in building services (mechanically biased) - minimum 3 years.
- Strong knowledge of chilled water and/or glycol-based cooling systems.
- Knowledge and experience in critical, high availability infrastructure industry.
- Experience in producing project specifications.
- Experience of the commissioning of complex infrastructure.
- Strong skills in MS Office suite.
As a result of an increasing workload our client who pride themselves as an innovator in MEP Design, they are now looking to add an established Principal/Associate Mechanical Engineer to their MEP Design consultancy based in Central London. You will be presented with an enviable portfolio of complex commercial projects throughout the UK. You will need to demonstrate the ability to think beyond your own discipline and work within a collaborative multi-disciplinary consultancy ensuring that complex problems are solved efficiently and effectively. My client has been established since the 90's and the ethos of the business is to design buildings that will tread more lightly on the planet and take huge pride in doing so. They do this by promoting a working environment which is collaborative, and ideas of today are put into motion - to ensure high performance, sustainable and award-winning buildings. You will be supporting the continued success of the business by joining as a member of the management group, which plays a vital role in the development, implementation and achievement of the organisation's strategic vision and direction. At this level will need to be able to demonstrate that you are capable of dedicating a large part of your time to focus heavily on client's needs ensuring the best technical and cost effective solutions are delivered by the project teams. On the other hand, you will also need to maintain this from an internal perspective, this includes managing and allocating internal business resources to meet the needs of clients but also internal stakeholders and inspiring and nurturing the talented engineers within the practice. In return of receiving a very competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most of complex projects in the UK. Please get in contact if you would like to be considered for the role.
Our client is a privately owned, award-winning building services consultancy established in 1987. They have experienced steady growth by providing first class project delivery and now consist of a team of 60 multi-disciplinary Building Services and Sustainability Engineers. They are looking for an Intermediate to Senior Electrical Engineer to work on some of the UKs largest high end residential and hotel projects. Key Accountabilities
- Produce detailed design calculations and preparation of design drawings, specifications, and information.
- Assist in the practical training of Graduate and Technician Engineers.
- Receive brief from Principal Engineer about initial design information.
- Produce all design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan.
- Ensure that all calculations and drawings have been properly checked.
- Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors.
- Assemble all calculations, drawings, correspondence, and other project documents.
- Consider financial implications in producing design option.
- Maintain good communication with Clients, Design Team and Contractors to meet the Company's standards in customer care.
- Ensure client satisfaction in project delivery with a view to obtaining repeat business.
- Maintain and develop an understanding of the key software.
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a creative and driven Principal or Associate Mechanical Engineer to join a leading MEP Consultancy based in London. You will be responsible for meeting with Clients, producing reports, specifications and drawings and delivering successful projects from inception to completion. Our client is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. They provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings. Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, they provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look. As a Principal / Associate Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed, and profitability is achieved. The role is instrumental in helping to continue to grow and develop a team of technically competent engineers within this high performing sector, as well as seeking new opportunities to develop the business.
- You will be in a client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
- Providing technical advice to clients on the operation of electrical/mechanical engineering services in existing buildings.
- Preparing Fee Proposals.
- Delivering refurbishment and upgrade projects from inception to completion
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day-to-day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills.
- Providing technical advice to clients on the operation of electrical/mechanical engineering services in existing buildings.
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
- Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
- Suitably qualified Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineers degree or equivalent qualification preferable but not essential.
- At least some experience working on projects in existing buildings.
- Ability to develop good relationships with Clients, Project Managers, Managing Agents and Contractors
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards submission, to either CIBSE or IMechE, or equivalent.
- Previous consultancy or contracting experience in some or all the following: M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting and Project Management.
- You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills both internal and external clients, and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design, and you will have experience across a range of projects.
- CAD skills.
- Language skills (French) a benefit.
I am currently recruiting on behalf of international multi-disciplinary design consultancy. They are looking to recruit a high calibre, experienced and appropriately qualified Senior Electrical Engineer for an ongoing contract to join and assist their busy electrical building services team in London. The Role; The Senior Electrical Engineer will play a key part in the Building Services Design team and will be involved in working closely with clients, other design team members in the design, management and delivery of projects. In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in working within the design of high end commercial and international projects. You will possess the ability to clearly communicate electrical design concepts to clients, contractors and other design team members, producing detailed calculations, proactively ensuring coordination of electrical systems with other disciplines and building structure, lighting and emergency design, and performance design associated with specialist services such as fire alarms and security. Responsibilities; You will focus on successful project delivery whilst managing a number of concurrent projects. The job holder will be required to attend design, programme and site meetings, and mentor junior engineers and apprentices.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Experience of working on a diverse range of design projects.
- An expert in electrical and environmental design.
- Enjoys working within a motivated team and is self-organised.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Competent and experienced in the design of all principal systems associated with electrical building services systems.
- Has an understanding of issues in relation to mechanical & public health services.
Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer Location: London Reference: 6015 Our client is a global engineering consultancy and are well known as a leading brand undertaking challenging projects. You will be a part of the Mechanical team acting as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the London office. This is a full-time permanent position. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Mechanical Services designs for Commercial Office projects within London, however from time to you will cover other sectors including Hotel & Residential, Retail, and Laboratory projects. Key Challenges: Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines;
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with clients;
- Have highly developed verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives;
- Well-developed problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of technical competence.
- A minimum of 8 years (ideally 10+) engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services design;
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, from an accredited institution (equivalent qualifications in a similar field may also be considered);
- IT literate, with good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications;
- Chartered Engineer (CIBSE or IMechE preferred).
- Previous experience working within multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels across multiple disciplines, as well as familiarity with external client interactions;
- Great interpersonal skills, a team player and a genuine interest in helping others (including development of junior staff);
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work autonomously to meet objectives;
- A strong understanding of various mechanical systems and their applications;
- Well-developed problem solving skills, and a "think outside the box" mentality;
- Familiarity with the full range of RIBA design stages, from Stage 1 right through to Stage 4A tender design;
- A working level understanding of other engineering disciplines including electrical, public health and fire protection is highly desirable;
Position: Intermediate Mechanical Engineer Location: London Reference: 6013 Our client is a global engineering consultancy and are well known as a leading brand undertaking challenging projects. They have a position in the Interiors team for a Project Engineer (Mechanical) in the London office. This role is not strictly a full-time position, they are open to discussions part time/flexible arrangements. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Commercial Office fit-out projects in London, from time to time you will cover other sectors including commercial refurbishment/new-build, retail, and hospitality. You will get exposure to various project deliverables and play a key role in delivering high profile projects. You will be responsible for the delivery of building services from design through to construction. This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects. An interest in working towards the role of Project Leader is desirable. With a view to being responsible for the delivery of small and medium sized multi-disciplinary projects.