An independent multi-disciplinary consultancy providing engineering services for the built environment. They are working on a variety of large-scale projects in a number of sectors including hotels & leisure, commercial, education, fit-out, healthcare, infrastructure, residential, and retail. As a result of growth, they are looking for an Associate Electrical Engineer in their offices in Dubai.
As an Associate, you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistently high-quality service for clients, and ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed. You should have c10 years of experience in the relevant field, leading the design of large-scale MV/LV schemes particularly related to hospitality, retail, or healthcare. You will be an ambassador for the company, representing us at project interviews/meetings, and taking part in the marketing practice generally.
The role is instrumental in helping to continue to grow and develop a team of technically competent engineers within this high-performing sector, as well as seeking new opportunities to develop the business.
Responsible for managing all aspects of a portfolio of jobs as Project Manager in conjunction with a project director or Associate Director on major/complex projects undertaking the role of Project Engineer.
Core responsibilities include:
- Project delivery of the Electrical Discipline
- Acting as MEP design leader and key client point of contact on selected projects responsible for:
- Customer satisfaction
- Job profitability
- Job cash flow
- Project quality
- Conduct early-stage option analysis, strategy setting, and critical review of the client brief to develop the optimum design solution at the early stage of the project
- Be able to motivate and lead professional teams to deliver client solutions
- Manage a team of engineers in diverse geographical locations to deliver the project in line with the project program and available costs
- Liaise with the MEP project Director, and other stakeholders on progress, risks, and commercial position
- Extensive understanding of local authority requirements in UAE and KSA
- Be experienced and competent at:
- Presenting to clients
- Preparing client/project proposals for agreement with a Director
- Negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees where possible
- Constructing project teams from internal and external resources.
- Procuring projec
- Planning projects
- Liaising with client/design team/contractor/authorities.
- Ensuring QA policy, HSE, and CDM requirements are satisfied.
- Ability to represent the practice on the projects under his/her control.
- You should have a relevant degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered with a Professional Engineering Institution such as CIBSE or IET is preferable
- You should possess excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- 10-12 years of experience in the relevant field with a proven record in leading the electrical design of large-scale MV / LV schemes particularly related to hospitality, retail, or healthcare
- You should have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, leading, motivating, and supervising junior/senior engineers
- Experience in leading Revit delivery is essential
- With excellent interpersonal and communication skills you will have a proven ability in negotiating positive outcomes, resource planning, motivation, and management
- Ability to develop good relationships both internal and external
- Previous consultancy experience, and experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment