Work for a leading engineering consultancy specializing in building services. Join a team of experienced engineers and designers providing innovative and sustainable solutions for a range of projects across various sectors, including commercial, residential, education, healthcare and industrial in the UK and Internationally.
We are seeking a Junior/Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team. You will be producing mechanical designs for a range of building services projects, from initial concept through to final delivery. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of their exciting and challenging projects, while working with a dynamic and innovative team that makes a positive impact on the built environment.
- A capacity to develop further, sketch designs and design briefs dictated by either clients or engineering managers.
- Having full responsibility for technical and financial decisions taken. These include choice of system, organisation of works and development of projects, with the ability to comply with time restrictions and limits.
- Undertake survey of a building a preparation of a Report on the mechanical aspects of the building, including capability and compliance with Codes of Practice and Regulations and energy evaluation.
- Have an understanding of the basic physics and design parameters associated with other disciplines.
- Have a full and detailed understanding of the physics and design parameters on all aspects of mechanical works, and be able to implement the designs, including energy assessment.
- Be computer literate and able to assist in the preparation of drawings on CAD and ability to translate requirements to CAD Technicians.
- Be competent in the exercise of independent technical judgement and application of engineering principles, including the application of Standards, Codes of Practice and Regulations.
- Maintain a proactive attitude to maintaining output to programme and time management
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Able to work without supervision
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification – mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, AutoCAD.