Innovative, ambitious, and rapidly expanding technical asset management consultancy that specialises in making existing buildings sustainable. They help landlords and property managers map risk, plan for, and transition portfolios of buildings to net-zero carbon as cost-effectively as possible. They adopt a unique approach that combines building services engineering with dynamic simulation modelling, energy engineering, and their own bespoke data analysis software.
They work with global investment funds and property companies and support the management of over 1 million m2 of predominantly commercial real estate assets and employ more than 20 staff.
Their head office is in the West Midlands but many of the teamwork 100% remotely and are required to travel across the UK to visit buildings. Travel to head office including an overnight stay to attend team meetings is required once every two months.
As part of their continuing growth strategy and to help support the comprehensive range of services they provide for building owners they are looking to appoint a mechanically biased Building Services Design Engineer to their projects team.
- The ability to conceptualise the best and most efficient way of detailing a design solution with due regard to ESG requirements and client aspirations
- Assisting in the delivery of all aspects of M&E services refurbishment and new installation projects; working to a programme, budget, and specification to include commissioning and post-occupancy evaluation processes
- Giving presentations and writing clear and concise reports which highlight the practical implications of design(s)
- Promoting energy efficiency and other sustainability initiatives
- Communicating and co-ordinating project works with architects, other engineers, contractors, building managers, tenants and other stakeholders
- Managing teams of external consultants and contractors
- Developing and maintaining management systems and procedures for project management tasks
- Producing Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) designs and drawings using AutoCAD software
- Designing the layout of mechanical and electrical distribution circuits.
- Carrying out tests on systems and making changes to plans where necessary.
- Monitoring the installation of services, witness testing and specifying maintenance requirements
- Making sure that all building services meet health and safety (CDM) and environmental legislation requirements
- Negotiating contracts with clients.
- Engineering degree and a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience or a non-cognate graduate with a minimum of 3-5 years of engineering experience and recognised engineering accreditations (such as CIBSE LCC/LCEA etc.)
- Membership of CIBSE, IMechE or IET
- Strong mechanical engineering knowledge
- AutoCAD M&E
- An understanding of UK construction contracts and processes
- An aspiration to deliver engineering excellence with a focus on sustainability within design.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering and/or public health services
- Understanding of BIM processes including REVIT, COBIE and IES dynamic simulation modelling.
- Clear career pathways and development plans with protected time to support professional membership applications, further education or acquiring new skills
- Support for health and well-being including a health care plan, 12 days of paid leave for volunteering and supportive policies on mental health
- Flexible working patterns
- The opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and ambitious company that encourages and supports innovative thinking and finding new solutions to achieving net-zero carbon in existing, complex buildings
- Become part of an agile and high-performing team that prides itself on delivering world-class outputs without the corporate office politics and bureaucracy
- 25 days annual leave per year plus public holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus.