Multi-disciplinary construction consultancy working with clients across London and Southern England with 165 people working from six offices across the region. Offering Architecture, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Interior Design, CDM and Engineering Services their teams plan, design and manage projects for clients in a wide variety of sectors and ranging in value from small scale repair schemes to multi-million pound new developments.
Their Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health design team is expanding rapidly, and this is an opportunity to make an impact on a key service line within an established business.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Building Services Design Engineer to join our Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health Design Team. Working with long standing clients, you will be exposed to a depth and breadth of projects across all sectors, including commercial, retail, public sector, education, health and residential.
The successful candidate will require the ambition to ensure they always deliver the highest quality of work within their expertise as well as always ensuring professionalism throughout project completion.
As an Associate Engineer, you will need to be able to effectively liaise with clients and stakeholders to manage expectations whilst maintaining and building new relationships for the company. You will be the technical leader when it comes to projects you manage. You will have played an active part in the development of the more junior engineers and will manage the engineering output for each project. Working with the Director you will assist in managing financial deliverables and will play a lead in project bids.
- Supporting Director / Team Leader in the development and management of the MEP team.
- Supporting Director / Team Leader in the delivery of MEP design commissions.
- Supporting wider team in the delivery of MEP design commissions.
- Develop Technical knowledge to be able to give guidance to others across a variety of sectors.
- Regular client exposure across multiple sectors.
- Development and mentoring of junior engineers.
- Collating and organising technical services information from designers / team leader.
- Undertake site visits to include surveys for technical due diligence, to capture information to inform MEP design and monitor installation and commissioning.
- Investigating and offering technical advice on factors that affect building services, including user needs and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with other construction professionals in-house and external, including Architects, Surveyors, etc.
- Coordinating detailed design information Preparing designs and specifications for construction work.
- Contributing to meetings and document preparation.
- Visiting sites to check progress and inspect work.
- Researching new design processes, building legislation and technology.
- Drive to support Net Zero Carbon through undertaking energy analysis and thermal modelling and conducting research.
Skills and Requirements:
- BSc / BEng (Hons) or MSc / MEng in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- CIBSE Membership.
- Interest in sustainability and net zero carbon, ideally with some understanding in sustainable design or building physics and associated software.
- Demonstrable understanding of MEP systems within buildings.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Ability to work under own initiative and within a team setting.
- Willing to travel by car and / or public transport in support of day-to-day work.
- Confident in talking to a wide range of people to build relationships and develop new work streams.
- Interest in achieving commercial sustainability qualifications such as Low Carbon Consultant, BREEAM, WELL.
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Varied workload
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Continuing Professional Development Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Professional subscriptions
- Structured development programme and training beyond engineering into team leadership