We have an opportunity for a Principal/Associate Electrical Engineer to join an award-winning engineering consultancy. To become part of a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists providing innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Working alongside the Team Leader, you will be facing clients, responding to clients’ needs, developing, and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. Providing a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- Providing technical advice to clients on the operation of electrical/mechanical engineering services in existing buildings
- Preparing Fee Proposals
- Delivering refurbishment and upgrade projects from inception to completion
- Undertaking condition surveys of electrical/mechanical installations and producing written reports and recommendations
- Developing and producing electrical/mechanical designs and specifications, ensuring quality and technical quality standards are met
- Production of Feasibility Studies for electrical/mechanical infrastructure replacement or upgrade
- Technical Due Diligence Reporting
- Ensuring that all work under their control is undertaken to relevant and applicable UK and EU regulations, design guides etc.
- Review of development and fit-out proposals and advising client on the implications in relation to the electrical/mechanical services
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
- Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals
- Awareness of consultant appointment conditions
- Define and agree brief with Client
- Manage and prioritise the workload of a project team including specialist groups.
- Host and chair internal project team meetings
- Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
- Actively leads self and identifies opportunities and providing support for career development of others
- Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
- Reporting cost and resource requirements to the team leader on a regular basis.
What We Are Looking For:
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Good experience in use of standards and codes applied in building services
- Wiring Regulations; Fire Detection Systems; General and Emergency Lighting design knowledge.
- Ability to undertake MEP building services surveys with minimal supervision
- Ability to peer review in detail with good level of background knowledge of regulatory / standards documentation.
- Acquainted with, and can deliver, parallel projects of all types, sizes and through various RIBA stages
- Can undertake essential calculations, maximum demands, typical Wm2 and apply electrical theory.
- Good understanding of 3 phase LV systems with reasonable to good understanding of HV systems.
- At least some experience working on projects in existing buildings.
- Ability to develop good relationships with Clients, Project Managers, Managing Agents, and Contractors
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of our outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g., design & CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to
- Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Income protection
- Travel allowance
- Electrical car scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight – the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
- Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
- Employee stock purchase plan – a voluntary program which allows eligible employees to purchase common stock at a 15% discount