Work for a leading engineering consultancy specializing in building services. Join a team of experienced engineers and designers providing innovative and sustainable solutions for a range of projects across various sectors, including commercial, residential, education, healthcare and industrial in the UK and Internationally.
We are seeking an Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team. You will be responsible for leading the mechanical design for a range of building services projects, from initial concept through to final delivery. You will have the opportunity to lead and contribute to the success of their exciting and challenging projects, while working with a dynamic and innovative team that makes a positive impact on the built environment.
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
- Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Over time, developing the ability to become a point of contact for key clients.
- Helping generate repeat business through customer care of existing clients.
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors.
- Client facing work.
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
- Managing the mechanical engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification – mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).