Join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors. It is an award-winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals.
They know that having the right people at the core of the business allows them to offer superior quality and diversified services to their clients.
They pride themselves in selecting the right people and providing excellent support, training and career progression opportunities, no matter what role within the company. On offer is an excellent salary and benefits package with a scale that allows them the flexibility to attract the best candidates for the position and all new staff with the freedom to choose benefits to suit their lifestyle.
They are currently seeking a senior mechanical design engineer to join their building services team based in Bristol.
The role will involve:
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project. Propose labour resource requirements, monitor time and disbursements spends and take remedial action as appropriate on allocating the charges to the individual job to ensure that financial objectives are met.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Manage, guide and develop technical subordinates in order that they may fully participate in their various teams.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of new techniques and technologies by participating in conferences, attending Continual Professional Development sessions, reading technical in media etc.
- Ability to undertake EPCs and BRUKL report (Mechanical Engineer)
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Qualifications, IEng with relevant experience, or HNC or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
- Design software, hands on experience with, Specification Expert, TAS, BIM, Revit and Auto Cad
- Wide breadth of experience and knowledge in Consultancy field, with detailed design skills in particular specialism.
- Appreciation of forms of agreement and contract documentation.
- A knowledge of job costing techniques.
- A knowledge of ISO 9001 & and ISO 14001