Working for an established, innovative Mechanical & Electrical design consultancy that provides full MEP Building Services across all sectors of the property and construction industry. Founded in early 2000, with two UK offices and a team that continues to grow, they are passionate about providing measurable benefits to their clients. Support their clients in delivering a range of sustainability solutions with a considered approach to successfully meet and exceed the client’s ambitious targets.
They have an exciting opportunity for an aspiring energy/sustainability consultant to join either their Central London or Reading office, to develop the sustainability team supporting the company in its aspiration to drive the growth of this area of the business. They primarily operate within the Residential, Hospitality & Commercial sectors.
The ideal candidate would be someone educated to Degree or Masters level in a relevant discipline, with at least five years’ experience working in an energy or sustainability related field.
Reporting to the project lead, the energy/sustainability consultant’s duties will include, but are not
- Producing Energy and Sustainability Statements for planning.
- Undertaking thermal modelling and dynamic simulations within IES to produce BRUKL output document calculations and EPCs.
- Undertaking BREEAM assessments.
- Undertaking SAP calculations for residential buildings.
- Carrying our daylight, sunlight and overheating assessments.
You should possess all the following:
- Low Carbon Consultant accreditation.
- Proficiency and experience working within IES, in particular for thermal modelling;
- Part L compliance calculations
- Heating and cooling load calculation
- Energy modelling (TM54)
- Overheating modelling (TM52 and TM59)
- Daylighting calculations
- Proficiency and experience undertaking SAP for Part L compliance
- Qualified BREEAM assessor, including New Construction, Refurbishment, etc.
- Experience in producing energy and sustainability statements for planning applications
- This will require familiarity with current GLA London Plan and London Borough energy/sustainability requirements.
- Given the collaborative nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
- The need to lead workshops and meetings means you should be a confident communicator with superior stakeholder management skills.
- Candidates should thrive working independently and be expected to pay close attention to detail when reviewing results and evidence.
- NDEA level 4/5 including production and accreditation for issuing EPCs.
- Experience in use of One Click LCA software (LCC, Life Cycle Impact).
- Experience in carrying out Post Occupancy Evaluation.
- Familiarity with WELL/LEED.
- On Construction Domestic.
- ESOS LEAD Assessor.