I have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Fire Engineer to be based in Central London. My client is a well-established UK based building services consultancy who have an exciting portfolio which includes financial, pharmaceutical, hotels & resorts as well as some of the most innovative residential and mix development projects in the UK.
You will complete day to day (rather than strategic), parts of the project consultancy process on time to by knowing and performing the Company’s technical duties, processes and standards.
Through good communication, represent the Company on projects with periodic quality review by Senior Engineers, Associates, Associate Principals and Principals
The role will involve:
- Prepare and issue detailed design drawings in sketch and AutoCAD format suitable for presenting finished information to Clients and other design professionals and contractors.
- Routine project activities such as filing, documentation, document issue, posting etc. in line with the Team needs.
- Adequately communicate by verbal and written means, technical points, thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals and clients
- Carry out calculations and select appropriate equipment etc. in line with Company key skills list.
- Compile complete packages of tender information.
- Design and detail straightforward engineering systems.
- Undertake environmental analysis including: energy performance analysis, MEP systems simulation, compliance analysis against UK and international energy codes (Part L, ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G), daylight, sun/shade, glare, external microclimate, CFD.
- Maintain and/or develop a broad understanding of sustainability issues as they relate to the built environment including application of LEED, BREEAM and other international benchmarking systems
- Develop building models including the use of building simulation software and Revit draughting software.
- Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports.
- Attend routine site meetings and carry out site surveys. Monitor and report on the quality and progress of work on site.
- Prepare budget costs and produce designs to meet agreed budget.
- Work within team environment and be able to instruct support staff in their work as it relates to the projects under the Engineers control
- Act professionally with all parties on the clients work so as to develop the company’s reputation.
- Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
- Contribute to the development of the company so as to enhance its reputation.
- Co-operate with and support other teams and Company staff in a pro-active way so that their objectives are met.
- Self-development and company support to undertake graduate training plan to achieve CEng status.
- Drafting and 3-D visualisation
- CAD and Revit to productive standard
- Building Construction