Innovative, ambitious, and rapidly expanding technical asset management consultancy that specialises in making existing buildings sustainable. They help landlords and property managers map risk, plan for, and transition portfolios of buildings to net-zero carbon as cost-effectively as possible. They adopt a unique approach that combines building services engineering with dynamic simulation modelling, energy engineering, and their own bespoke data analysis software.
They work with global investment funds and property companies and support the management of over 1 million m2 of predominantly commercial real estate assets and employ more than 20 staff.
Their head office is in the West Midlands but many of the team work 100% remotely and are required to travel across the UK to visit buildings. Travel to head office including an overnight stay to attend team meetings is required once every two months.
They are looking to appoint a Project Engineer to lead on the management of live projects through a broad range of MEP disciplines.
The type of projects will include refurbishment/fit out, MEP plant installations (including PV and EV) and some new build. This is a key role in our continuing growth strategy. As such it will require someone confident enough to contribute to our business plans for growth, recruitment processes and help manage clients.
There will be progression opportunities for the successful applicant.
- Understanding and accurately interpreting customer requirements.
- Engaging with clients and in business development discussions for project team.
- Undertaking survey works as well as providing input into feasibility reports and business cases.
- Helping to develop engineering designs to achieve client aspirations in respect of sustainability and energy management targets.
- Tender evaluations.
- Outlining project specifications.
- CDM co-ordination and mobilisation of projects from pre-construction through to hand over.
- Assisting in the delivery of all aspects of M&E services for both refurbishments and new installation projects. This includes keeping to a programme, budget, and specification to include commissioning and post occupancy evaluation processes.
- Completing inspections and final sign-off/handovers to ensure the transition of completed projects into ‘business as usual’. This includes contributing to regular evaluation sessions.
- Engineering degree and a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience or a non-cognate graduate with a minimum of 3-5 years of engineering experience and recognised engineering accreditations (such as CIBSE LCC/LCEA etc.)
- Membership of CIBSE, IMechE or IET
- Strong mechanical engineering knowledge
- AutoCAD M&E
- An understanding of UK construction contracts and processes
- An aspiration to deliver engineering excellence with a focus on sustainability within design.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering and/or public health services
- Understanding of BIM processes including REVIT, COBIE and IES dynamic simulation modelling.
- Clear career pathways and development plans with protected time to support professional membership applications, further education or acquiring new skills
- Support for health and well-being including a health care plan, 12 days of paid leave for volunteering and supportive policies on mental health
- Flexible working patterns
- The opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and ambitious company that encourages and supports innovative thinking and finding new solutions to achieving net-zero carbon in existing, complex buildings
- Become part of an agile and high-performing team that prides itself on delivering world-class outputs without the corporate office politics and bureaucracy
- 25 days annual leave per year plus public holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus.