Award winning international studio for architecture and integrated design, with headquarters in London, and 14 offices worldwide employing c1400 people. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to be part of their multidisciplinary engineering team in London. You will be required to work within a team to develop the successful projects through clear strategy and proactive commitment nationally and internationally. This is a fantastic opportunity with a top tier firm working on some of the best projects in the world.
- Represent the company in professional and diligent manner always
- To provide discipline leadership
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organisations.
- Attend all meetings with client, project team, contractors etc.
- Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design for electrical building services and power distribution systems, including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required
- Review and management of project from inception to post construction duties
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practise
- To have thorough knowledge of and compliance with companies procedures and standards
- To contribute and assist, as required by the Project Leader or Senior Partner, or nominated Engineer.
Qualities and skills required:
- Fluent English (Spoken and Written)
- Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- Qualified as a Chartered Engineer or in final stage of registering (or validated Overseas equivalent)
- Solid technical understanding of own core engineering discipline and the role of the electrical engineer within the design team
- Broad understanding of other engineering disciplines engaged in the design of the built environment
- Good understanding of UK Building Regulations and industry standard design reference material
- Ability to use initiative in response to demands of project
- Able to present, negotiate and communicate well in graphical, written or verbal forms including ability to listen and to understand others
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and a proven commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- Self-organized and motivated
- Developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to use Autodesk Revit, Trimble ProDesign, Dialux and Microsoft ‘Office’ suite
- International project experience
- LEED, WELL qualified or having working familiarity with environmental assessment methods
- Familiarity with CIBSE design standards
- Ability to use some of the following software applications: StabiCAD, Elevate, AGI32 and Adobe Creative Suite
- Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic or mainland European language skills