Our client is a member of a leading global network of design professionals providing a range of building system design and energy analysis services.
A Senior Engineer is required to manage the whole project consultancy process day to day (rather than strategically) by knowing and performing the company’s duties in accordance with company standards. Represent the company on projects with only periodic quality review by Associates or Directors. Work to enhance the reputation of the company for delivering Building Services Excellence.
- Carry-out Project/Team Specific activities as defined from time to time by Supervisor.
- Manage projects to achieve Client satisfaction and profitability targets.
- Work within Team environment and be able to instruct technicians and support staff in their work as it relates to the projects under the Senior Engineer’s control.
- Control own and staff activities to meet Company financial / time targets.
- Advise other Construction Team Professionals on their own activities related to Building Services.
- Understand and be able to deliver net zero carbon and energy designs.
- Design and detail straightforward engineering systems.
- Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports.
- Prepare detailed design drawings in sketch form suitable for presenting concepts to Clients and other Design Professionals.
- Adequately communicate their thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals, and clients in verbal and written form.
- Prepare complete packages of tender information.
- Monitor and report on the quality and progress of work on site.
- Prepare budget costs and produce designs to meet agreed budget.
- Manage and value variations to the contract.
- Act professionally with all parties on the clients work so as to develop the company’s reputation.
- Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
- Contribute to the development of the company so as to enhance its reputation.
- Identify new work opportunities with Client and other professionals.