Multidisciplinary consultancy are looking to add an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer to their busy team of 15 engineers. They provide mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors which include Healthcare & Education.
This is an award-winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals. They are currently seeking an Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer with building services experience to join and assist their existing team in Buckinghamshire.
The role will involve:
- A capacity to develop further, sketch designs and design briefs dictated by either clients or engineering managers.
- Having full responsibility for technical and financial decisions taken. These include choice of system, organisation of works and development of projects, with the ability to comply with time restrictions and limits.
- Undertake survey of a building a preparation of a Report on the mechanical / electrical aspects of the building, including capability and compliance with Codes of Practice and Regulations and energy evaluation.
- Have an understanding of the basic physics and design parameters associated with other disciplines.
- Have a full and detailed understanding of the physics and design parameters on all aspects of mechanical / electrical works, and be able to implement the designs, including energy assessment.
- Be computer literate and able to assist in the preparation of drawings on CAD and ability to translate requirements to CAD Technicians.
- Be competent in the exercise of independent technical judgement and application of engineering principles, including the application of Standards, Codes of Practice and Regulations.
- Maintain a proactive attitude to maintaining output to programme and time management
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Able to work without supervision
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification – electrical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Amtech, Dialux/Relux
- Flexible working is offered with 3 days in the office and 2 day working from home